MASTER GARDENER CLASS OF 2020
Portage and Trumbull County Master Gardener Volunteers are now accepting applications for the 2020 training class. The training consists of 50 hours of education in all aspects of gardening, plant health, soil fertility, and basic biology. Classes are tentatively scheduled to begin in June 2020 with classes every Tuesday from 9:00AM to 3:00PM alternating between Cortland and Ravenna. If you would like to be become a Master Gardener, please complete an application and mail it to OSU Extension Portage County, 705 Oakwood Street, Suite 103, Ravenna OH 44266. Applications must be received by May 15, 2020 for consideration. You can download the application here: MGV Application
Cost for the class will be $225. This cost covers training books, handouts, speaker fees, and other expenses related to the course.
If you have any questions please call our office at 330-296-6432, or email Angela Arnold (email@example.com) for more information.
Want to learn more about plants & their culture?
Enjoy sharing your knowledge with others?
What you will receive....
- A comprehensive technical manual covering a wide range of horticulture topics
- Intensive and practical training by Extension faculty and staff
- Latest research publications from the Ohio State University Extension
- Skills in teaching others what you know
- Advanced training opportunities
- The comradery of fellow Master Gardeners
- Certificate of Graduation
What it takes.....
Availability on Wednesdays, January 30th through April 3rd. Click here to view the Master Gardener Training Brochure.
- 50 hours of volunteer time during you first year by:
- Answering the horticultural "Hot Line" and walk-in questions on horticulture topics
- Giving talks to garden clubs and other organizations
- Working on the various Master Gardener Projects in the County.
- Assisting at garden fairs, plant sales & the Portage County Randolph Fair
If you would like an application, click here or call The Ohio State University Extension Office at (330) 296-6432.