Want to learn more about plants & their culture?
Enjoy sharing your knowledge with others?
What you will receive....
- A comprehensive technical manual covering a wide range of horticulture topics
- Intensive and practical training by Extension faculty and staff
- Latest research publications from the Ohio State University Extension
- Skills in teaching others what you know
- Advanced training opportunities
- The comradery of fellow Master Gardeners
- Certificate of Graduation
What it takes.....
Availability on Wednesdays, January 30th through April 3rd. Click here to view the Master Gardener Training Brochure.
Course registration fee of $225.00 to cover the cost of the materials. Scholarships are available, call the OSU office for more details.
- 50 hours of volunteer time during you first year by:
- Answering the horticultural "Hot Line" and walk-in questions on horticulture topics
- Giving talks to garden clubs and other organizations
- Working on the various Master Gardener Projects in the County.
- Assisting at garden fairs, plant sales & the Portage County Randolph Fair
If you would like an application, click here or call The Ohio State University Extension Office at (330) 296-6432.