4-H Mission Statement, What is 4-H?, What can I do as a 4-H Advisor?, Volunteer Opportunity & the Benefits of Volunteering information may be found here.
4-H Youth Development create positive environments for culturally diverse youth and adults to reach their fullest potential as capable competent, caring and contributing citizens.
What is 4-H?
4-H is a community of young people across America who are learning leadership, citizenship, and life skills.
What can I do as a 4-H Advisor?
- Teach specific skills to a group of youth
- Facilitate leadership programs
- Partner with youth and conduct meetings
- Develop new educational programs and activities
- Assist with day and overnight camps
- Recruit new members and volunteers
Volunteers serve in a variety of formal capacities in the Ohio 4-H program, including, but not limited to:
- Community Club Advisor
- Project Club Advisor
- Cloverbud Advisor
- School Enrichment Volunteer
- Special Emphasis Volunteer
- After-School Volunteer
- Camp Volunteer
- Advisory Committee
Benefits of Volunteering
- Opportunity to work with youth
- Develop Leadership Skills
- Contribute to the Community
- Learn new skills
- Opportunity to network
- Meet new people in the Community